- Fold-Pak originated in the late 1800s as Bloomer Brothers, a manufacturer of recycled paperboard and folding cartons.
- In 1977, after several acquisitions, the company's Newark, NY, folding carton business became a separate entity, Fold-Pak Corporation.
- From 1983 - 1994, Fold-Pak expanded to Fresno, CA; Columbus, GA; and Hazleton, PA. The company responded to customer demand for alternatives to foam take-out containers with BIO-PAK and BIO-PLUS EARTH packaging, an innovative line of paperboard food containers.
- In 1998, Gulf-States Paper acquired Fold-Pak and formed GSD Packaging, a joint venture with Dopaco. FOLD-PAK, BIO-PAK, BIO-PLUS EARTH, and SMARTSERV containers emerged as the company's leading products.
- In 2005, RockTenn, a leading North American producer of consumer and corrugated packaging and recycling solutions, acquired Gulf-States and restored the Fold-Pak name after purchasing all GSD Packaging assets.
- In 2013, Fold-Pak moved the company's operation in Columbus, GA to Lebanon, TN to support the continued growth of the product line.
- Today, Fold-Pak serves a wide range of markets with high-quality, paperboard packaging solutions made from a sustainable natural resource. Fold-Pak products are also recyclable and 100% made in the U.S.A.